As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All claims are strictly my personal opinion.
Getting a great sectional at an inexpensive price isn’t an easy task – there are a lot of inexpensive sectionals on the market and you can never be sure about their quality unless you test them first – and that’s where we come in. We’ve tested, reviewed and compared the models that are, in our view, the top cheap sectional sofas under 400 and we’re going to show them to you, ensuring you get the perfect one in terms of both quality and price.
Whether you entertain a lot of guests and want an effective way to accommodate them or simply want to enjoy from a sectional’s famous comfort and good looks without breaking the bank, in our view a cheap sectional under 400 is the perfect solution. Now without further ado, let’s take a look at the winners and find the perfect one for your needs!
Top 3 Cheap Sectional Sofas under 400
Here you can read in-depth reviews of all the winning picks.
DHP Emily Sectional Futon Sofa with Convertible Chaise Lounger, Black Faux Leather
This convertible chaise lounger is a quirky – since it’s not really a classic looking model – but still very interesting piece and definitely deserves a spot on our list of models that are, in our view, great cheap sectional sofas under 400. This piece is beautifully designed and is available in 15 fun colors plus it comes in velvet, faux leather or linen, according to your preference – although as of the time of writing, only the black faux leather version fits this budget level. If you have a small living space, this set is ideal for you and it is praised for its multi-functionality by many users. It is built on a sturdy frame and looks fairly expensive on first glances.
- Available in 15 brilliant colors
- The set (both futon and chaise) convert easily to a lounge or bed position
- Available in linen, faux leather or velvet
- 600 lb weight capacity
- The simple assembly process takes 15 minutes
- Can fit 2-3 people comfortably
- Firm, but comfortable
- The back can be adjusted for comfort
- Some customers have complained about the not-so-good customer service
- Other customers have said that their sofas were infested with insects on arrival
Best-Living Furniture Modern Linen Fabric L-Shaped Small Space Sectional Sofa with Stool, Reversible Chaise, in Grey
Designed for small apartments or dorms (up to 400 sq ft), this sectional set is L-shaped, which means that it is a 3-seat sofa with a love-seat. One of the best features of this set is that the seat cushions can be reversed to prolong their life. The frame is also made up of kiln-dried hardwood that will not warp or creak.
- Solid hardwood frame and wooden legs
- Available in gray and gray-blue
- Stuffing is high-density foam
- 9 sofa legs
- 1-year quality warranty and 24-hour email service
- Leg bottoms are covered in floor protectors
- No tools required to put it together
- Upholstered in durable linen fabric for daily use
- Some customers have said that the frame bent after a months’ use
- Other customers feel that the couch is not comfortable
HONBAY Convertible Sectional Sofa Couch – Modern Linen Fabric
The manufacturers of this set have taken special care in designing the seat cushions and claim that they will not give you the feeling of sinking and will remain nice and firm for the times to come. The sofa can take as much as 660 lb and can be assembled in a jiffy. It is upholstered in linen fabric and is available in dark gray or beige – plus, it looks really stunning especially for the price.
- Lightweight design for both chaise and sofa
- Removable covers with zippers
- 660 lb weight capacity
- The position of the chaise lounge can be changed according to your preference
- Great quality at what is, in our view, a beautifully low price
- Takes hardly 30 minutes to put together
- Curved back for better, firmer support
- Removable covers make it easy to keep it clean
- Some customers feel that the couch is made of flimsy materials
- Other customers have complained of receiving only a few parts
These are models that while still fantastic, don’t quite fit the budget level. Even tough they might be more expensive than what you’re looking for, they offer so much value for the price that they deserve an honorable mention here.
Novogratz Brittany Sectional Futon Sofa, Converts from Sofa & Chaise Lounger to Bed, Blue Linen
Designed by the husband and wife designer duo Courtney and Robert Novogratz, this sectional futon sofa opens to a bed effortlessly and has been designed with small spaces in mind. It is upholstered in a stain and water-resistant material, and the cushion covers can be removed for washing. Alternatively, you can wipe it clean with a damp cloth too. With its tufted seating and backrest, you will spend hours on it without realizing it! It is available in 9 colors that include pink, orange, green, gray, light gray, dark gray, light blue, navy blue and mustard.
- Tufted cushion backrest and seating
- Available in 9 colors
- Chaise can be set up on the left or right sides
- Comes with 6 supporting legs
- Converts from a sectional sofa to a bed in seconds
- Very affordable pricing, in our opinion
- Can be easily assembled by a single person
- Constructed with a strong wooden frame
- Some customers have found this couch to be fairly uncomfortable
- Other customers have said that the wooden frame of the set started bending beyond repair after prolonged use
Poundex F6973 Bobkona Viola Faux Leather Left or Right Hand Chaise Sectional Set with Ottoman (Pack of 3), Espresso
This 3-piece sectional sofa by Poundex comes with a tufted back and seat and is upholstered with leather or poly-fiber black. It has a matching cocktail ottoman and, along with the sectional, have silver studs lining them. The unique chaise design is patented in the United States and is reversible, which means it can be configured right or left. This sectional sofa can easily seat 3-4 people and the cushions stay in place with the help of Velcro.
- Available in two styles; bonded leather espresso or poly-fiber black
- Seat cushions have coiled springs for durability and foam for comfort
- Back and seat are tufted
- The chaise lounge can be configured left or right
- Can seat 3 or 4 people
- Upholstery material is durable and easy to clean
- Great price for the features offered
- Designed for small homes/apartments
- Some customers have complained of receiving a broken unit
- Other customers feel that the product is not as well built as advertised
Poundex Upholstered Sofas/Sectionals/Armchairs, Grey
This traditionally designed sectional sofa by Poundex is deep seated and has a reversible chaise. It is beautifully crafted and is soft to touch and sit and will brighten up any living room. This 3-piece sectional is upholstered in a rich linen-like fabric, has a cushioned seat and pillow back and is available in chocolate, gray and sand. Although designed for 3 people, this can also accommodate a small pet. The back pillows are not attached to the body, so they can be placed as per the user’s comfort.
- Upholstered in poly-fiber material that looks and feels like linen
- 3 toss pillows of polyester blend included
- Removable resin legs, seat and back cushions
- Seats have pocket springs and foam
- Customers have found this sofa to exceed their expectations
- Looks great both in contemporary and classic settings
- Made of sturdy materials, no wobbling
- Cleaning up this sectional is easy
- Some customers have complained that the wood of the sofa broke while assembling
- Other customers feel that this product is somewhat rough around the edges
HONBAY Convertible Sectional Sofa Couch Leather L-Shape Couch with Modern Faux Leather Sectional for Small Space Apartment Brown
Though this is an L-shaped couch, it can be put anywhere in the room according to your requirements. This is a great sectional sofa available at an attractive price right now. It looks fashionable and has great functionality. The seats need a little of what you call ‘breaking in to’ since they are not cushy enough for the user to sink in, or hard enough to be uncomfortable. As it is the case with a number of products, this sofa can be re-configured to your liking.
- Pocket coils (individually wrapped) in seat cushions for greater comfort
- Constructed from solid wood
- The removable ottoman can be used as a seat
- Curved back cushions for extra comfort
- Covers can be zipped off for cleaning or replacing
- Spacious seating; can be used for sleeping on occasionally
- Some users have claimed to assemble this sectional sofa in as little as 20 minutes
- Upholstery made of resistant material, so it is easy to clean
- Some customers find this sofa to be too slippery to sit on
- Other people find this sofa too small
Poundex Bobkona Matthew Faux Leather Left or Right Hand Chaise SECTIONAL Set with Ottoman in Espresso
This sectional sofa by Poundex is a 3-piece sectional set that has been sleekly designed and will stand out in your living room. It is available in chocolate, gray and espresso and has light stitching and accent tufting. The seat and the back pillows can be removed and the cushions have durable foam and spring filling. This unit comes with a matching cocktail ottoman.
- Chaise can be set up on right or left
- Comes with its assembly tools
- Tufted back and seat
- Upholstered in rich-hued faux leather
- Extremely comfortable and stylish
- Sturdy, long-lasting construction
- Can be assembled fairly quickly
- Removable back cushions mean they can be cleaned regularly
- Some customers have complained that the seat cushions turned to mush after mild usage
- Other customers have complained of missing components
Finding the right sofa for your living room can be a painstaking process because there is no concept of a ‘universal’ sofa but whichever your preference may be, we’re sure that these models – which we personally consider to be awesome cheap sectional sofas under 400 – will cover you perfectly. These affordable but great choices will do their best to give you the best of both worlds and positively surprise you with their quality. They serve the dual purpose of a comfortable couch during the day and can even double up as a makeshift bed when the need arises. The models covered above are versatile – seating 3-4 people or more and they can be used to lounge or sleep on when required too, all while looking good as a decor piece. They are also compact enough to fit in smaller spaces and large enough to make an impactful difference.
This concludes our article about our selection of sets that are, in our view, affordable sectionals under 400 that still deliver a worthwhile experience. Remember, always consider the size that you need and the space availability at your home.
We hope this article will help your decision-making process and make it easier to find a great set. Thanks as always for reading and have yourself a fantastic day!